Regular price $30.00
Pain au Chocolat Baking Instructions
PREPARATION( 5 -10 minutes prep / 8 -10 hours to rise )
1. Remove the frozen croissants from the packaging and place on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
The croissants will generally rise up to three times their original size, so be sure to allow enough space in between each croissant.
2. Cover the baking sheet completely, but loosely, with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature until the croissants have tripled in size. This generally takes about 8 to 10 hours.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. For the egg wash, crack 1 egg into a bowl. Add . teaspoon of milk, a couple of drops of vanilla and a pinch of sugar. Mix thoroughly.
3. Brush egg wash ( see our "Baking Instructions" page for instructions on how to make your own egg wash ) over the top of each croissant.
4. Place croissant baking sheet in oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown in color.
Our chocolate filled Croissants ( Pain au Chocolat ) are considered large, and each weigh approximately 3 oz.
INGREDIENTS: ( Unbleached Enriched Wheat Flour [Ascorbic acid, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid)Enzyme [added for improving baking] ), Unsalted Butter, Water, Sugar, Yeast, Milk Substitute [Soy, Whey], Dough Conditioner: Enriched wheat flour (malted barley, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), ascorbic acid, soybean oil, enzymes. Ascorbic acid. FILLING: Sugar, Cocoa, Cocoa Butter, Lecithin, Vanilla, Artificial Flavor.
CONTAINS: Milk, Soy, Wheat.
** Manufactured on the same equipment with product containing eggs